About the course
In this course, the students will explore the objectives of data platform modernization and how it is suitable for given business requirements. They will also explore each stage of the data platform modernization process and define what tasks are involved at each stage, such as the assessment and planning phase. Students will also learn the available migration tools and how they are suitable for each stage of the data migration process. The student will learn how to migrate to the three target platforms for SQL based workloads; Azure Virtual Machines, Azure SQL Databases and Azure SQL Database Managed Instances. The student will learn the benefits and limitations of each target platform and how they can be used to fulfil both business and technical requirements for modern SQL workloads. The student will explore the changes that may need to be made to existing SQL based applications, so that they can make best use of modern data platforms in Azure.
The audience for this course is data professionals and data architects who want to learn about migrating data platform technologies that exist on Microsoft Azure and how existing SQL based workloads can be migrated and modernized. The secondary audience for this course is individuals who manage data platforms or develop applications that deliver content from the existing data platform technologies.
- Understand Data Platform Modernization
- Choose the right tools for data migration
- Migrate SQL workloads to Azure Virtual Machines
- Migrate SQL workloads to Azure SQL Databases
- Migrate SQL workloads to Azure SQL Database managed instance
Successful students start this role with a fundamental knowledge of cloud computing concepts and professional experience in implementing SQL solutions.
- Working with and maintaining SQL workloads
- Experience with Azure, such as deploying and managing resources
To gain these skills, take the following free online training before attending the course:
- Introduction to Azure SQL
- Azure Fundamentals Več o vsebini tečaja