About this course:
This 5-day course is considered essential for anyone who would like to expand knowledge about Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in Microsoft technologies. During the course PKI is covered in depth, starting from the best practices for implementing secure and reliable PKI and ending up with most common scenarios of certificates usage in the enterprise environment.
Network administrators, infrastructure architects, security professionals, systems engineers, network administrators, IT professionals, security consultants and other people responsible for implementing network and perimeter security, Chief Security Officers. What do you need to know? PKI basics, being advanced in administering Windows system. So typical experience in administering Windows systems and server platform.
- Module 1: Essence of PKI
- Module 2: Designing and implementing CA Hierarchy
- Module 3: PKI in Windows domain
- Module 4: Upgrading PKI Infrastructure
- Module 5: PKI Security
- Module 6: Securing applications with PKI
- Module 7: PKI for network security
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the core essence of PKI and cryptography.
- Evaluate and select appropriate PKI technologies.
- Install and configure PKI environments according to the best practices taken from practical experience.
- Secure existing PKI infrastructure.
- Choose appropriate types and manage the certificate lifecycle.
- Understand the benefits of certificates used in the infrastructure.
- Adjust PKI to your business needs.
- Become familiar with enterprise solutions that uses PKI and certificates for security.
- Configure and use certificates in: IIS, VPN, Wi-Fi, file encryption, e-mail security and many more.
All exercises are based on newest Windows Server 2019, Windows 10 with additional Linux and virtual network appliances that covers common scenarios.
- Dr. Mike Jankowski-Lorek