About this course:
In this workshop you will analyze, learn and practice critical tasks for implementing highly secure SQL Server infrastructure. We’ll start with identifying security needs regarding database servers and look at the most common attack types and use them on ‘out of the box’ installation. In simple words we will hack our systems!
Then we will discuss impact of system and network security on databases server. Next we will go through every layer of protection offered by SQL Server with lots of real life examples and hands on labs. At the end we will look at the monitoring and auditing our infrastructure to detect threats and react to them. Additionally we’ll play with security of other SQL Services and Azure SQL Databases. Our goal is to show and teach you how to protect your precious data in SQL Server environment and how database security mechanisms work. After the course you will be able to test and secure your SQL Server infrastructure. And to get more practice we offer three extra weeks of labs online!
Database administrators, infrastructure architects, security professionals, system engineers, advanced database developer, IT professionals, security consultants and other people responsible for implementing databases security.
- Module 1 Hacking SQL Server Infrastructure
- Module 2: SQL Server security baseline concepts
- Module 3: SQL Server Instance security
- Module 4: Managing Logins and Passwords
- Module 5: Encryption in SQL Server
- Module 6: Protecting database backups
- Module 7: Monitoring and auditing
- Module 8: Securing other SQL Server services
- Dr. Mike Jankowski-Lorek