About This Course:
This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory - related issues with Windows Server. Additionally, this course teaches students how to deploy other Active Directory server roles, such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS). Although this course and the associated labs are written for Windows Server 2022, the skills taught will also be backwards compatible for Server 2016 and Server 2019. The course and labs also focus on how to administer Windows Server using not only the traditional tools such as PowerShell and Server manager, but also Windows Admin Center.
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server.
This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2022.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2022.
- Some exposure to and experience with Active Directory concepts and technologies in Windows Server.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server.
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience working with and an understanding basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
At Course Completion:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Module 1: Installing and configuring domain controllers
- Module 2: Managing objects in AD DS
- Module 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
- Module 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
- Module 5: Implementing Group Policy
- Module 6: Managing user settings with Group Policy
- Module 7: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
- Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates
- Module 10: Implementing and administering AD FS
- Module 11: Implementing and administering AD RMS
- Module 12: Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD
- Module 13: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS