About This Course
This training course teaches developers the programming skills that are required to create applications using the C# language. During their five days in the classroom, students review the basics of C# program structure, language syntax, and implementation details, and then consolidate their knowledge throughout the week as they build an application that incorporates several features of .NET. The course aims to follow the spirit of the Microsoft Official Curriculum course 20483, while bringing it completely up-to-date with the latest features of C#, .NET 6.0 and Visual Studio 2022.
At Course Completion
- Explain how to use Visual Studio to create and run an application.
- Describe the features and syntax of the C# programming language.
- Define the monitoring needs of large-scale applications
- Create and call methods, capture and manage exceptions.
- Understand the .NET development platform and libraries.
- Understand the .NET framework classes.
- Create well-structured and easily-maintainable C# code.
- Define and implement interfaces.
- Create a class hierarchy using inheritance.
- Understand object-oriented programming concepts.
- Implement the fundamental architecture and core components of a desktop application.
- Acquire a working knowledge of how to build a graphical UI using XAML.
- Use file I/O and streams, and serialize/deserialize data in various formats.
- Understand web communications and protocols.
- Create an entity data model for database access.
- Use Language-Integrated Query (LINQ).
- Use asynchronous operations to create performant applications.
- Add dynamic components and unmanaged libraries to a C# program.
- Retrieve metadata from types using .NET reflection.
- Module 1: C# Syntax
- Module 2: C# Language Concepts
- Module 3: C# Structures, Collections and Events
- Module 4: C# Classes
- Module 5: C# Inheritance
- Module 6: Input and Output
- Module 7: Database Access
- Module 8: Using the Network
- Module 9: Graphical User Interfaces
- Module 10: Application Performance
- Module 11: C# Interop
- Module 12: Designing for Reuse
- For students who don’t have prior experience of programming in a high-level language, it is recommended that they take the 55337AC course, which uses C# as the language to facilitate an introduction to programming.
- Course 55339AC focuses on the C# language itself, making it an excellent follow-on course.