About This Course:
Students can take this course on any computer with a web browser. Although it’s not required, we recommend Visual Studio Code as the editor.
This course is intended for students new to computer programming or experienced programmers who are new to client-side web development.
At Course Completion:
- Describe the technologies involved in web development.
- Create HTML pages with links and images.
- Explain the benefits of CSS.
- Style HTML pages with CSS.
- Explain the concepts of objects, methods, and properties.
- Module 1: A Quick Overview of Web Development
- Module 2: Introduction to HTML
- Module 3: Paragraphs, Headings, and Text
- Module 4: HTML Links
- Module 5: HTML Images
- Module 6: HTML Lists
- Module 7: Crash Course in CSS
- Module 8: CSS Fonts
- Module 9: Color and Opacity
- Module 10: CSS Text
- Module 12: Variables, Arrays, and Operators
- Module 15: Conditionals and Loops
- Module 16: Event Handlers and Listeners
- Module 17: The HTML Document Object Model
- Module 18: HTML Forms
- Module 20: Regular Expressions
- Basic computer and typing skills.