About This Course:
This course is intended for both novice and experienced programmers. Some experience in C++, C# or Java is helpful.
At Course Completion:
- Understand and work with the browser’s Document Object Model (DOM).
- Work DOM objects and write code to respond to events.
- Add jQuery to their projects and use jQuery to manipulate the DOM and to make Ajax calls.
- Understand Ajax and Web Services, including HTTP Verbs and asynchronous Ajax calls.
- Work with XML and JSON data formats.
- Understand and use RESTful Web Services including ODATA queries.
- Work with Anonymous Functions, Self-Invoking Functions and Closures.
- Understand the role of the Window and Navigator objects.
- Module 1: Basic Scripting
- Module 2: The Document Object Model
- Module 3: Introduction to jQuery
- Module 4: Ajax and Web Services
- Module 5: Diving in Deeper
Useful, but not required:
- Previous programming experience using C, C# or Java.
- HTML and CSS web development.