About this course:
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course covers SQL Server provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key elements of a data warehousing solution.
- Describe the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse.
- Implement a logical design for a data warehouse.
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse.
- Create columnstore indexes.
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Describe the key features of SSIS.
- Implement a data flow by using SSIS.
- Implement control flow by using tasks and precedence constraints.
- Create dynamic packages that include variables and parameters.
- Debug SSIS packages.
- Describe the considerations for implement an ETL solution.
- Implement Data Quality Services.
- Implement a Master Data Services model.
- Describe how you can use custom components to extend SSIS.
- Deploy SSIS projects.
- Describe BI and common BI scenarios.
Več o vsebini tečaja