55316A is the Community Courseware equivalent of retired MOC Course 20764A - Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure. The 55316A five-day instructor-led course will provide training in how to administer and maintain SQL Server, Azure SQL Database and other cloud-based SQL Server databases. IT professionals who work in environments where databases play a key role in their job will find this material useful. By using demonstrations and hands-on lab exercises, students will learn to carry out these important tasks.
About This Course
This five-day instructor-led course provides students who manage SQL Server and Azure SQL databases with the knowledge and skills needed to administer a SQL server database infrastructure. The material will also be useful to individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases. This material updates and replaces course 20764C.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Experience using applications on Windows Servers
- Experience working with SQL Server or another RDMS
At Course Completion
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Use encryption and auditing features to protect data
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup and Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data