About this course:
- Understanding the current nature of the security threat landscape
- Explain the built-in security defenses Windows 10
- Windows 10 mitigations that you can configure
- Learn the Windows 10 mitigations that require no configuration
- Describe some of the external tools that enhance endpoint security
This course is intended for IT Professionals that require a deeper understanding of Windows Security and to increase their knowledge level through a predominately hands-on experience with Microsoft threat detection tools for hybrid and cloud-based workloads.
In addition to their professional experience, students who take this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- The current cybersecurity ecosystem
- Experience with Windows Client and Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Basic experience and understanding of Windows networking technologies, to include Windows Firewall network setting, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, and cloud services concepts.
- Basic experience and understanding of Active Directory, including functions of a domain controller, sign on services, and an understanding of group policy.
- Knowledge of and relevant experience in systems administration, using Windows 10.
Learners who take this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through practical experience as a Security Administrator, System Administrator, or a Network Administrator.