About this course:
This 5-day classroom-based course provides the fundamental networking skills required to deploy and support Windows Server 2016 in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including Software Defined Networking.
This course is intended for existing IT professionals who have some networking knowledge and experience and are looking for a single course that provides insight into core and advanced networking technologies in Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course is those IT professionals who are looking to take the MCSA 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016 exam.>
In addition to professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Understanding of core networking infrastructure components and technologies such as cabling, routers, hubs, and switches.
- Familiarity with networking topologies and architectures such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and wireless networking.
- Some basic knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack, addressing and name resolution.
- Experience with and knowledge of Hyper-V and virtualization.
- Hands-on experience working with the Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8.1 or Windows. 10
- Students can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or by having knowledge and skills equivalent to: 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).Implement IPv6.
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan for remote access.
- Implement DirectAccess.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement networking for branch offices.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement Software Defined Networking.