About this course:
This five-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot your SharePoint environment. This course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that help you optimize your SharePoint deployment.
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Software management in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 enterprise server environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administering IIS.
- Configuring AD DS for use in authentication, authorization, and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely by using Windows PowerShell 4.0.
- Managing databases and server roles in SQL Server.
- Connecting applications to SQL Server.
- Implementing claims-based security.
- Using Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2016.
- Design an information architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Design a logical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Design the physical architecture for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Install and configure SharePoint 2016.
- Create and configure web applications and site collections.
- Plan and configure service applications for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage users and permissions, and secure content in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure authentication in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Configure platform and farm-level security in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Manage information taxonomy in SharePoint web applications and site collections.
- Configure and manage user profiles and audiences.