About this course
In this 5-day course, students will learn the basics of computer programming through the use of Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and either the Visual C# or Visual Basic programming languages. The course assumes no prior programming experience and introduces the concepts needed to progress to the intermediate courses on programming, such as 20483B: Programming in C#.
This course is intended for anyone who is new to software development and wants, or needs, to gain an understanding of programming fundamentals and object-oriented programming concepts. They will typically be high school students, post-secondary school students, or career changers, with no prior programming experience..
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Ability to use computers to start programs, open and save files, navigate application menus and interfaces.
- Ability to understand logical concepts such as comparisons.
- Understand number theory.
- Ability to create, understand, and follow structured directions or step-by-step procedures.
- Ability to understand and apply abstract concepts to concrete examples.
After completing this course, students will be able to:Explain core programming fundamentals such as computer storage and processing.