About the course:
This is a five-day course designed to equip individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage a SQL server database infrastructure. The course is also beneficial for individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
The course is primarily intended for individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases, either as their main responsibility or in environments where databases are a crucial part of their primary job.
Additionally, the course is useful for individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
This course is the equivalent of retired MOC 20764CC - Administering a SQL Database Infrastructure.
Required PrerequisitesIn addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
At Course Completion:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
- Module 1: SQL Server Security
- Module 2: Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Module 3: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Module 4: Protecting Data with Encryption and Auditing
- Module 5: Recovery Models and Backup Strategies
- Module 6: Backing Up SQL Server Databases
- Module 7: Restoring SQL Server Databases
- Module 8: Automating SQL Server Management
- Module 9: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Module 10: Monitoring SQL Server with Alerts and Notifications
- Module 11: Introduction to Managing SQL Server by using PowerShell
- Module 12: Tracing Access to SQL Server with Extended events
- Module 13: Monitoring SQL Server
- Module 14: Troubleshooting SQL Server
- Module 15: Importing and Exporting Data